¿Have you got an innovative and entrepreneurial ideal to enhance at local level, with potential to contribute to sustainable development? ¿Do you need support to help you grow with this business or project?
Whenever you comply with the election criteria, you may opt to the SEED awards, organized by IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature), UNDP (United Nations Development Program) and UNEP (United Nations Environment Program), which want to enhance the entrepreneurial spirit in sustainable development.
The winner will receive a full package of support, worth up to 40.000 US $, to help start his company and increase its impact, technical assistance, new partners, network creation, business plans and identification of funding sources.
The registration ends on March, 16th, 2009. Registration forms may be filled online or downloaded from the website of the SEED initiative.
These are the premises for winning:
* The activities need to have entrepreneurial spirit and be innovative.
* With potential to contribute to the objectives that are agreed upon internationally within the Millennium Declaration of the UN and/or the Implementation Plan of Johannesburg:
o Social benefits, directly ascribable to the initiative, like the participation and training of the community, sanitary or educational benefits, or access to essential services;
o Environmental benefits, like reduction of emissions, the waste or the pollution, or the protection of biodiversity and the eco-systems; and
o Economic benefits, like the generation of revenues for the partners of the project and the local community.
* Economically viable in the long term: with a sound commercial analysis
* The project has to involve, at least, three different partners, belonging to the three different concerned groups that have decided to work together.
* The project has to be in its planning and preparation phase, or in its initial implementation stages.